Sometimes in life you need a change.
These past few years have been an adventure. I've lived a number of places, and met so many wonderful people. That being said, I believe the time has come for me to step back into reality. These past few years have been a gigantic fog. I have been obsessed for a very long time with things that frankly didn't matter....excited for a future that I was inhibiting. In doing so I have slowed down the progress of what I thought I wanted, but in turn I believe I have found myself a wiser person. I was a person built for success in studies....born with a brain, no natural beauty, no social competence. But being stubborn I chose to try and win on everything I wasn't meant to. I'm not proud of it, and there are times when my ego is burnt and bruised, but I believe that I learned more from this than I would have by following the expected path.
I have a dream now, after all. And I'm going to make it happen, with the skills I was born with adding to the ones that I've gained. And yes, my ego is still much larger than it ever should have been. But damnit I'm determined not to prove it wrong.
So then this is it. A statement to a future.
Peace~
No comments:
Post a Comment